Elder law attorneys handle specific legal issues faced by the elderly population. As seniors age, they frequently find themselves dealing with complicated issues related to their health and finances. Typical concerns include retirement, Social Security benefits, estate planning, long-term care, Medicare benefits, Medicaid coverage, nursing home care, in-home health care, powers of attorney, healthcare directives, and end-of-life decisions. These issues can often become complicated.
At Elder Law Advocates, we help seniors preserve their resources by protecting their hard-earned life savings from the expensive costs of long-term care. In addition, we guide families through the probate process.
Receiving direction from an elder law attorney makes the entire process smoother and provides the best possible result for the elder and his or her family.
Elder law consists of the following services:
- Protecting assets when nursing home care becomes necessary
- Filing for Medicaid assistance
- Long term health matters
- Disability planning through financial and health care powers of attorney
- Incapacity planning through the use of living wills and living trusts
- Estate planning through the use of trusts, wills and other legal instruments
- Questions about nursing home issues including patient rights and quality of care
To find out what an elder law attorney can do for you, contact our office at 270-265-2912.